After School Program
Campus Clubs after-school program provides a structured, safe, and loving environment for school-aged children 5 – 18. Our program currently serves 180 children Monday – Thursday and has a growing waiting list. Children have daily access to pre and post testing, nutritional snack, homework assistance, one on one tutoring, life skills training, Bible study, recreation, and some of the newest computer technology applied to their courses of study. A similar program costs around $3500 per child, but thanks to generous donations, Campus Clubs is free to all students.
With a 15 to 1 student/teacher ratio, the children enjoy a high level of attention, individualized support, and custom remediation programs based on pre-testing. Each teacher is certified or in the process of being certified, has an associate’s degree or higher, and there are 2 trained social workers on staff. Our staff also regularly participates in educational training classes and programs.
The computer lab is state of the art and features the latest software and learning techniques. The children learn under the STEM model, PITSCO learning resources, and utilize Lego Robotics – the student’s experience is truly unique. To learn more about the Learning Center and these excellent resources click here.
The after-school program runs on the same holiday schedule as the Bibb County public schools and offers applications at the Campus Clubs office Monday – Thursday, 10 am until 4 p.m. Campus Clubs has an attendance requirement along with behavior expectations. With a waiting list for program entry, students are consistent in attendance and well-behaved to save their “spot.”
5k thru 5th Grade
3 – 3:30: Nutritional snack
3:30 – 4:30: Homework assistance
4:30 – 5:30: Remediation, Bible study, and life skills
5:30 – 6:30: Further enrichment (varies based on student need)
6th thru 12th Grade
3 – 4:15: Homework assistance
4:15 – 4:45: Devotion and nutritional meal
4:45 – 6:30: Remediation and class rotation
- Math & Science – Use STEM labs to provide auditory, visual, and kinetic style learning, with a lab with applicable and measurable content and experiments
- English – Utilize Journeys materials to provide auditory and visual learning
- Social Studies & Life Skills training – Focus on relevant topics and discuss the skills to succeed in life. Topics include proper manners, discipline, and creating a budget.
- History – Computer and video based, with historically accurate content from the History Channel brand of educational videos
- Bible Study – Modeled after a Youth room, the children learn from media and a conversational teaching style with frequent guest speakers